SEO clients will often hear Rohan talking about customer reviews and how useful they can be to SEO and other marketing. Here’s a great article from Search Engine Journal that outlines 7 techniques to gain more customer reviews. Nothing Earth-shatteringly new here, but all good ideas for any business, regardless of the planned use for the reviews. Here’s the quick rundown of the 7 techniques:
- Collect email addresses during billing
- Use in-store placards to encourage reviews
- Verbally mention how much you’d appreciate honest feedback
- Include review reminders on your website
- Leverage social media
- Thoughtfully respond to all reviews
- Delight your customers with a great experience
I’ll also add a couple more.
- Send out a NPS (Net Promoter Score) survey regularly (we use Wootric for this).
- Add review requests to your email signatures and other marketing collateral.
As with everything, you don’t need to tick every box. Not many organisations do (especially SMEs) but if you’re not doing any of the above, hopefully this article gives you some options to improve on your current approach.